[Cuis-dev] [Proposal] Keep a changelog

Nicolás Papagna Maldonado nicolas.papagna at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 05:45:05 PST 2021

Aloha folks!
Hope you are having a wonderful holiday.

I was reading through the morph rename thread today.
Sadly I don't have any feedback about it (I'm don't know it enough for
that), but I can tell you that I had trouble a time or two about the names
in that hierarchy.

I remember the last time the morph hierarchy changed, all my packages
broke 😭
To fix them, I had to search through the mailing list to see if there was a
reference to the missing morph superclasses and that's how I found out
about the changes.

How would you folks feel about keeping a changelog?
That, at least, will save us time when breaking changes are merged and will
provide users migration instructions.

I was introduced to https://keepachangelog.com/en/1.0.0/ by @Nahuel Garbezza
<n.garbezza at gmail.com> and it's been great so far for my projects.
Something along these lines will do.

Anything that helps people migrate their packages will be greatly
appreciated.

Best,
Nico PM