[Cuis-dev] Renaming several fundamental Morph classes

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Mon Dec 27 15:42:33 PST 2021

Hi,

I agree BorderedBoxedMorph is a very long name...

Can't we merge both BorderedBoxedMorph and BoxedMorph?

After all, in Cuis most morphs defined with an extent want to have an
optional borderline. When looking at the subclasses of KernelMorph (no
border) there are little, and some may have useful use of a border.

When reading BoxedMorph do you expect a border? Me yes.

Do FramedMorph or FrameMorph suggest more the idea of box+border?

This will simplify even more the hierarchy:

Morph
PlacedMorph (location) [today’s MovableMorph]
BoxedMorph (extent, color, borderWidth, borderColor) [KernelMorph +
WidgetMorph]
PasteUpMorph [no change]
WorlddMorph [no change]
PluggableMorph [no change]

PlacedMorph and BoxedMorph looks odd to me, but it may be just a
cultural bias.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo