[Cuis-dev] [ENH] --- browser sorts method categories

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Tue Dec 28 06:19:33 PST 2021

I organize the categories as you mention Juan, for example for private
categories I put private as suffix instead of prefix and I like to put the
public on before the private one, one after the other.
I think that a preference would help to please both needs.

Cheers!
Hernan

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 8:10 AM Andres Valloud via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Choosing the behavior as a preference works.  However, maybe this is
> barking up the wrong tree.
>
> For background: my main motivation was that I got used to assuming the
> message categorization order was unstable (e.g. in Assessments, all
> message categories are meant to be sorted alphabetically, but for some
> reason this order kept getting lost).  So, instead of fixing the order,
> just show the protocols in the intended alphabetical order.
>
> On 12/27/21 10:17 AM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> > On 12/26/2021 2:05 AM, Andres Valloud via Cuis-dev wrote:
> >> Hi, this change is so that browsers sort method categories.
> >> Specifically, the order proposed is
> >>
> >>     -- all --
> >>     all public categories, sorted ascending
> >>     all private categories, sorted ascending
> >>
> >> where public and private categories are mutually exclusive and private
> >> categories begin with 'private'.
> >>
> >> Andres.
> >
> > The sorting of categories is controlled by the programmer, just like
> > code formatting. In general, I think it is best to show categories as
> > they were sorted by code authors. Maybe this could be added, but
> > controlled with a preference, for those who always want to see
> > categories sorted this way, regardless of "actual" ordering.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks,

<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson