[Cuis-dev] Renaming several fundamental Morph classes

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Wed Dec 29 01:51:24 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

I like where this is going. I am still unsure about BorderedBoxedMorph. I tend to agree with Hilaire that it could be merged with BoxedMorph.

PasteUpMorph should be able to have a border, though. It must have had one once – it still has #defaultBorderColor, #defaultBorderWidth and #defaultColor. (In Squeak it still is a subclass of BorderedMorph.)

Some of the aspects of morphs – having a border, having a layoutSpec etc. – would probably best be handled by composition instead of inheritance in the longer term. It might also make a great use case for traits.

I enjoy the discussion. I think it would also be a good topic for a video conference.

Cheers,
Bernhard