[Cuis-dev] Renaming several fundamental Morph classes

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Thu Dec 30 14:36:58 PST 2021

Please try the attach. To load it, unzip into your (updated)
/CoreUpdates folder, and install updates TWICE. Warning: your desktop
will be deleted and recreated.

This is not yet at the repo, so we can still discuss names. For
instance, I'm not sure about MovableMorph / MobileMorph / LocatedMorph.
OTOH, BoxedMorph seems to have enough consensus.

Thanks,

On 12/29/2021 6:51 AM, Bernhard Pieber via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I like where this is going. I am still unsure about BorderedBoxedMorph. I tend to agree with Hilaire that it could be merged with BoxedMorph.
>
> PasteUpMorph should be able to have a border, though. It must have had one once – it still has #defaultBorderColor, #defaultBorderWidth and #defaultColor. (In Squeak it still is a subclass of BorderedMorph.)
>
> Some of the aspects of morphs – having a border, having a layoutSpec etc. – would probably best be handled by composition instead of inheritance in the longer term. It might also make a great use case for traits.
>
> I enjoy the discussion. I think it would also be a good topic for a video conference.
>
> Cheers,
> Bernhard
>
>> Am 27.12.2021 um 19:52 schrieb Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev<cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st>:
>>
>> On 12/26/2021 4:30 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>> Morph
>>> LocatedMorph (location) [today’s MovableMorph]
>>> RectMorph (extent, color) [to replace KernelMorph and part of WidgetMorph]
>>> BorderedRectMorph (borderWidth, borderColor) [rest of today’s WidgetMorph]
>>> PasteUpMorph [no change]
>>> WorlddMorph [no change]