[Cuis-dev] Concern on BaseImageTests package size

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon Jan 4 07:07:56 PST 2021

It is true that it is getting bigger, but I'm wondering how it affects us,
if it is really a problem... and I do not really see one.
Of course that keeping things small helps, but I'm wondering if breaking
this package into smaller ones will help or create problems.
Is it a use case to load only the collection tests? or the date tests? hmm
I do not see it as something one would do really...

Saying that, I'm not against of breaking it up into smaller packages but I
do not see an advantage of doing it.

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 12:59 PM Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi Nahuel,
>
> On 1/3/2021 9:22 AM, Nahuel Garbezza via Cuis-dev wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I noticed the BaseImageTests package is growing a lot (which is good
> > because we're all adding tests!), and I'm thinking if it would be a
> > good idea to start splitting it, maybe having BaseImageTests as a root
> > package with dependencies on all the test packages.
> >
> > What do you think? Which criteria would you use to split those tests?
> >
> > Nahuel
>
> I agree. A possible criterion might be the class category prefix, for
> example 'BaseImageTests-Kernel', 'BaseImageTests-Collections', etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Juan Vuletich
> www.cuis-smalltalk.org