[Cuis-dev] Form on a vector canvas

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Jan 3 07:37:50 PST 2021

Hi Hilaire,

On 12/31/2020 3:33 PM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> I am refactoring my circular toolbar morph to adapt to the new morph
> hierarchy and to use its inner transformation. Using the M3 rotation
> and coordinates system simplify the computation of the chevrons along
> the curved toolbar.
>
> As a result the chevron morph are rendered on a vector canvas. So
> shape morph detection works out of the box, it simplifies again my
> code (mouveOver detection).

Nice!

> One side note: I can't put a Form (the icon of the chevron) on the
> chevron because the vector canvas does not accept Form.
>
> Any idea?

Well, the idea is to add support for drawing Forms to VectorEngine. I
haven't given that priority yet, because I think in general vector
graphics are preferable (if it is possible to choose).

The attach is a hack using the venerable WarpBlt, that can rotate and
scale Forms. Please try it. It might suffice until we have the
VectorEngine VM plugin. If it works for you, I'll later merge it.

> Happy New Year 2021 to all of you!
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> GNU Dr. Geo