[Cuis-dev] Online event: VectorGraphics and Morphic in Cuis.

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Jan 12 10:36:54 PST 2021

Hi FJustin,

On 1/8/2021 9:11 PM, Justin Chandler via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Great event, Juan!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is (edited) now online at
https://youtu.be/_NB2_Q4bYEk

> By the way, I think I missed it when you mentioned it the first time,
> and I couldn't re-ask as suggested since my mic wasn't working.
>
> The main work left to be done on your vector graphics library is to
> optimize it using FFI right?

To optimize it using a custom VM plugin. That is a piece of C source
that gets linked in the VM, or provided as a DLL. VM plugins "know"
about object format and can access the Smalltalk call stack, so it is
easier (and usually faster) to pass parameters in calls.