[Cuis-dev] Proposal to change the way debugger lists categories

Joaquín Singer josinger at fi.uba.ar
Fri Jul 16 00:16:14 PDT 2021

Hi Hernan,

I'm glad you made those changes, as I mentioned in the first email, I was a
bit worried about that problem.

Did you consider taking advantage of these changes to be able to use them
in CodeProvider, which has a very similar method to the one we were
modifying? (Used for when you want to change the category of a method)

In case of what i said interests you, I'm attaching a changeset that pushes
"addCategoriesOf: to: separatingWith:" to CodeProvider and changes
"categoryFromUserWithPrompt: for:" for it to use this new method, removing
quite a bit of duplicate code.

The only thing that ends up changing is that for classes, this will show
"instance creation" on top of everything just like in the debugger, I
suppose that if for some reason you want to avoid that, there are several
simple ways to change it.

Cheers,

Joaquín.