[Cuis-dev] Hello, new Cuis smalltalk user here!

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 07:22:30 PDT 2021

Joseph, I would not do that.
Even if it looks a nice thing to try out.

I give you an example, till about 1 years ago i was convinced I would
have used FreeBSD for everything.
Then i changed my mind, too few people is using it, expecially on RPi
and BBB.

The consequence was, there were very few drivers, and It was HARD to
control the most easy stuff
e.g. on the BBB : PWM, ADC, I2C.

If you bypass the Linux OS, you will trash your opportunity of using
existing drivers and
most probably it will take you 10 times the time to build your fish tank
project. If ever.

According to my last tests Bruce RPI is performant enough to make stock
Cuis rock.
Probably he is connecting to it via "ssh -X", that might be the bottleneck.

bye
Nicola