[Cuis-dev] Button Refactoring (Was: Re: FYI. VectorGraphics freezes World. CuisBook procedure.)

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Wed Jul 21 03:23:43 PDT 2021

On 7/21/21 11:15 AM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:

> See that I replaced #drawRoundGradientLookOn: with #drawRoundLookOn: ,
> because I removed the gradient option. I believe that if you do this
> rename in any senders and/or implementors in Haver, it should work ok.
> In any case, check in detail updates #4677, #4678, #4681, #4682 and #4688.
IC and will check it out. Early in the morning a was bit
pressed for time -- I still am -- so I not dig into it.

> In general, any Cuis code that is redefined by Haver could have issues
> with future Cuis updates, right? I'm not complaining, it is just that I
> think we'll need to deal with this fact.
That's the risk I took when started on that "Haver"-journey.
In fact I spent two days or so in mitigating the risks.
That is I implemented a baseline checker that creates
code that -- in turn -- checks every class and method
modified in a changeset/package for being of
the proper version.
I used for that big Environments change set with
good results; it detected a trivial change.
Since there was not much change, I did not use
it for all the other packages. In the button case
it would have helped anyways, because id does not
detect sends to `super`, it just looks at
extension methods that override methods in the base image.

What we need (for each class), is an interface
definition for subclasses, that -- at least --
lists the methods that will stay stable.

Just my 0.03€ and many thanks for your help,

Gerald