[Cuis-dev] Hello, new Cuis smalltalk user here!

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Jul 22 19:51:00 PDT 2021

On 7/22/2021 9:41 PM, Joseph Turco via Cuis-dev wrote:
> I Made a little video demonstrating what i am talking about. I didn't
> mention it in the video, but typing and scrolling in the modified
> image with Juans stuff is smooth, its just the windows acting up. The
> stock image has a bit of input lag and scrolling also displays some
> latency. Im just trying to make sure im not doing anything wrong or
> this is just to be expected. Let me make it clear i am in no way
> complaining, The work that has been done is amazing and am
> appreciative of being able to use this for free. Anyways, here's the
> video:
>
> https://youtu.be/9lhagKSPjcg
>
> thanks,
>
> Joseph Turco

In the video, the stock Cuis image is not using `Preferences
slowMachine`. If you set it, moving windows around and writing in new
workspaces will be much faster. Still, what I see is what can be
expected from a slow machine. It looks usable, though.

BTW, if you have 512 MB of ram, it is best to close any other
applications (especially web browsers!)

You might prepare another short video, using `Preferences slowMachine`,
maybe disabling the taskbar, and without the web browser, so we can see
how it goes.