[Cuis-dev] Vector graphics questions

Vanessa Freudenberg vanessa at codefrau.net
Fri Jul 30 20:40:02 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I just subscribed to this list. I'm a beginner with Cuis, but do know
Smalltalk quite well.

Primarily I wanted to try the cool graphics. So I downloaded the special VM
from dropbox.

And I found these instructions:

https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/blob/master/Documentation/VectorGraphicsAndMorphic3.md

Many menu items don't match that document but I could find my way around. I
think I loaded everything correctly but the screen is still blurry — I am
on a Retina display Mac and it looks like the VM is rendering 2x2 pixels
for every screen pixel.

Attaching a screenshot below. You can see the text on the left has much
finer details than in Cuis. Is there maybe a VM option I need to tweek to
get the full resolution?

Thank you!
Vanessa

[image: image.png]