[Cuis-dev] CuisUniversity - New version

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Mar 9 15:38:40 PST 2021

On 2021-03-09 19:18, Hernan Wilkinson via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi all!
> I just uploaded a new CuisUniversity version that includes:
> - The CuisBook
> - More packages in the package directory (VectorGraphics, Numerics,
> Morphic, etc.)
> - The jit vm and not only the LiveTyping vm.
>
> Remember that CuisUniversity comes with some packages installed as
> LiveTyping, Aconcagua, the coverage tool (Thanks @Nicolás Papagna
> Maldonado !!), etc.
> With this release all the examples of the CuisBook can be loaded
> without having to clone any git repo.
>
> The link is: https://sites.google.com/view/cuis-university/descargas
>
> I hope you find it useful!

Hernan,

Many thanks for this.

Some suggestions:

[1] The download link for linux64 (and presumable linux32) does not run
on my machines, all of which have ARM CPUs.  [Image comes up fine with
ARM VM].

[2] Excelente introduccion, pero no habla Espanol.  [Or something like
that.  I don't speak Spanish.]  Duplicado en Ingles. por favor!  Also,
perhaps set up a Cuis University YouTube channel with English videos
explaining your highly excellent LiveTyping work!

[3] Many package names do not relate to what they do: Aconcagua,
Chalten, TDDGuru, ...  Open a Package Browser and look at the Package
Comments.  How many say what they are useful for or point to explaining
documentation?

[4] No class comments in Denotative Object classes (among others)?  What
are students for?  You should have help for this..

Again, many thanks for all your hard work on this!  It's the details
that count.  Hundreds of them!  ;^)

Cheers,
-KenD