[Cuis-dev] CuisUniversity - New version

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Wed Mar 10 10:04:31 PST 2021

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 11:48 AM <ken.dickey at whidbey.com> wrote:

> On 2021-03-10 05:50, Hernan Wilkinson via Cuis-dev wrote:
> ..
> > yeah, I do not have a way to compile the LiveTyping VM in ARM and the
> > students do not use that architecture
> > Remember that CuisUniversity's target is college students of 2do/3er
> > year in Argentina and to reduce the impact of installing Cuis for them.
>
> OK. I'm confused.
>
> The use case I am looking at is: New to Smalltalk; reading TheCuisBook;
> perhaps live in China (wherever);  Follow instruction in TheCuisBook to
> get distribution image.  See Spanish, which I don't speak.  Image does
> not run on my computer.  Color me frustrated.

The cuis book uses Cuis not CuisUniversity as distribution.
It mentions CuisUniverstiy as a way to have an easier setup.

> So I guess we are back to how to package a Cuis distro so that either we
> have an "all-in-one" or, more simply, one can select one's system from a
> list (e.g. Linux/Arm32, Mumble/RISC-V,..) and get something which works
> for/with TheCuisBook.

I think we have to do something similar to CuisUniversity, it is not
difficult, it just need to be done.

Cheers!
Hernan.

--
<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer, Teacher & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson