[Cuis-dev] CuisUniversity - New version

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Mar 10 06:48:19 PST 2021

On 2021-03-10 05:50, Hernan Wilkinson via Cuis-dev wrote:
..
> yeah, I do not have a way to compile the LiveTyping VM in ARM and the
> students do not use that architecture
> Remember that CuisUniversity's target is college students of 2do/3er
> year in Argentina and to reduce the impact of installing Cuis for them.

OK. I'm confused.

The use case I am looking at is: New to Smalltalk; reading TheCuisBook;
perhaps live in China (wherever);  Follow instruction in TheCuisBook to
get distribution image.  See Spanish, which I don't speak.  Image does
not run on my computer.  Color me frustrated.

So I guess we are back to how to package a Cuis distro so that either we
have an "all-in-one" or, more simply, one can select one's system from a
list (e.g. Linux/Arm32, Mumble/RISC-V,..) and get something which works
for/with TheCuisBook.

I suspect we need to set something up in the Cuis-Smalltalk GitHub
locale.

Thanks so much for Cuis U in any case!!
-KenD