[Cuis-dev] Seaside says Welcome on Cuis

Nicolás Papagna Maldonado nicolas.papagna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 10:31:16 PDT 2021

Yay Agustin!

This is a great start!
Will try to take some time to check it out.

Have you identified any points of contact where Cuis differs from Squeak to
see if any PR can be submitted to Seaside to make it play nice with both of
them?

Thanks for sharing!
Nico PM

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 1:51 PM Agustin Martinez via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> One day of work and Seaside says welcome, as you can see in the picture it
> doesn't mean it's working.
> I have a project I've been doing on cuis and it's sad to move to Squeak
> (or Pharo) to use Seaside. I am comfortable in Cuis so I give it a shot and
> it seems possible.
> The strategy was to port it by brute force, file out from squeak, file in
> on cuis. First the classes, then some method categories and methods alone
> (under category *Seaside or so). Luckily there are lots of tests, I make
> them pass (still a lot to solve) bringing what's necessary from a running
> Seaside on Squeak (latest version of both). With a couple of these
> iterations I got this result, not sure how far is the goal.
>
> *Is there someone who wants to take a look and give a diagnosis?*
> *Someone who wants to participate?*
> *Someone who wants to make some pair programming?*
>
> I think we need a mature web tool like this in Cuis, it could be worth
> joining some forces.
> I gess the best is to share the software running as I have it. Later,
> after we make it work on cuis, extract it as packages.
> Here it is, once you open cuis, http://localhost:8080/ will show the
> welcome page on your browser:
>
> https://wetransfer.com/downloads/96fb36a301a6e75c8fa4c21fedce27db20210330154924/4153f5563b36fcbfe0d7addec253db4a20210330154948/873d9e
>
> As you will see, I started with a clean Cuis University (I probably should
> have started with a clean Cuis). For those who don't know me, I work with
> Hernán Wilkinson at the University of Buenos Aires, teaching OOP and
> software design.
> Best,
> Agustín

Nicolás Papagna