[Cuis-dev] Porting from Pharo

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sun May 2 10:45:54 PDT 2021

Le 02/05/2021 à 13:49, Gerald Klix a écrit :
> There is no use in not forking Pharo Code,
> because you have to fork your code just to
> be compatible between the different Pharo
> versions.

True, but the differences between one version of Pharo and the next one
are not that important. Well it depends on the iteration. But it is true
it always requires your code to be adjusted more or less importantly.

In the other hand, porting DrGeo from Pharo to Cuis is a far more
important challenge. The most important is the departure from Polymorph,
developed by Gary Chamber for Squeak and adopted by Pharo. Then of
course the motivation challenge in the port, which is to redo what was
already done.

> I am pretty sure, Dr.Geo's developer*s* can
> elaborate on that topic.

You can remove the *S*. It is sadly one person effort.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu