[Cuis-dev] Cuis, Dynabooks, Teaching and Learning

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Wed May 5 08:31:46 PDT 2021

Le 30/04/2021 à 15:50, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev a écrit :

> After stabilizing VectorGraphics, I also want to explore the
> possibilities to build a "real Dynabook".  I have been wanting to do
> that for a long time. My focus is on Open Science / Reproducible
> Research, and in general the pov of researchers and students. I think
> a good Dynabook could be a great alternative to scientific papers. I
> don't think this use is in conflict with teaching and learning at any
> age level. I hope we can collaborate in this adventure, and I'm sure
> we can share ideas and have useful discussion.
Indeed a lot should be transferable. Likely the use case scenarii in the
teacher-student tandem will require a broader diversity of dynamic
medias (~ knowledge model), but the idea to interconnect those dynamic
media remain the same.

>> Among other things, it means to imagine and to conceive knowledge
>> model for various taught domains (as DrGeo is for geometry).
>>

> Great. I love the words "to conceive knowledge models". I think that
> as we discover what they mean, and how to do it in general (a great
> philosophical question!), we must build examples the best we can, as
> you have been doing with DrGeo.
> As a first example, I would like to focus on Signal Processing
> (including audio and images). I want to start by building introductory
> college level material, always keeping an eye on scientific papers too.

Yes, that's the idea! Then, your Signal Processing model will be
instantiated in a paper whom content will pilot your Signal Processing
instance.

How can we do that on an human understanding scale? It is an interesting
challange.

Regarding younger student, text should be freely handwritten. I think
the younger should really keep hand writing.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu