[Cuis-dev] Real Joy on Linux was ( Updates to VectorGraphics and precompiled MacVM)

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Sat May 22 04:52:02 PDT 2021

See below,

On 2021-05-22 10:26, stes at PANDORA.BE wrote:
> ----- Op 21 mei 2021 om 22:59 schreef cuis-dev cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st:
>
>> Hi Juan,
>>
>> Yes. I think that the only necessary update for VMMaker will be something
>> like the attached, which moves the sqConfig.h include in the generated
>> code for all plugins. I tried this change on classic VMMaker for interpreter
>> VM, and everything worked as before. The generated code for VectorEnginePlugin
>> will work on opensmalltalk-vm (after the fix_include_order branch is
>> merged). This is probably the same thing that Gerald Klix did, and I
>> think it is the right solution.
>>
>> Dave
>
> An alternative solution could be to remove the #error from config.h,
> which stops the compile if config.h is included too late.
I think I now understand what you meant in
an earlier message: You mentioned that the
CMake-based build does not have that issue.
I am under the impression that autoconf isn't
really used, it just pretends to do so.
But as always I may be wrong.

> The #error was added in the hope to force the change that you describe.
Hm, this looks like a solution to a problem
nobody has.

> But another fix could be to remove the #error.
>
> Of course from a GNU autoconf / configure perspective an early #include of config.h is what GNU autoconf wants.
>
> Anyway that's more a VM-dev list issue than a Cuis issue.
Yep, I am tempted to quote Tobias Pape:

"
See https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/562
and the related threads on here a few weeks back.

We patiently waiting for Eliot to give his blessing :)
"

-- snip --

Best Regards,

Gerald