[Cuis-dev] Re : Re: Cuis web presence

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 06:22:40 PDT 2021

Hi Hilaire,

El 2/11/21 a las 09:24, H. Fernandes escribió:
> Hi Mariano,
>
> It is a good start you have an infrastructure to build web site. We should use it :) Not a big fan of the style, though. A web designer will be of good help.

Probably. I just had the idea of mimicking the Cuis environment, as you
can see . I suspect you are not fan of that idea? Or something about the
implementation? (can you be more specific?). Regardless, I'm not a
designer, but I kind of like the idea, and also the result.

I don't know of a web designer that could help. If anyone knows, or have
suggestions on how to improve, please let me know.

> Regarding contents itself, a few general pages/information with details and pointers will be help to present Cuis:
>
> - Features
> - Download
> - Documentation
> - Community
> - Packages
> - Use cases
>
> Contents should be simple and non technical (I find your pages too technical and verbose). Technical stuff should be left to external pages the web site will point to.
> Squeak and Pharo web sites are quite well done, in my opinion

I agree 100% with that. I didn't put any effort on writing the content.
I just transformed already available Markdown pages to HTML, so there's
room for a lot of improvement there.

I think a way forward would be to write the content for the pages you
mentioned.

Cheers,

Mariano