[Cuis-dev] I need some advice with FFI

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Mon Nov 15 10:14:11 PST 2021

Hi Nicola,

Le 14/11/2021 à 23:53, Nicola Mingotti a écrit :
> Hi again,
>
> If you would like to start editing in the Wiki for me it is ok.

This is not what I wrote about, I don't know anything about FFI. I wrote
the web page is not the right place to put this kind of contents, and I
suggested alternatives.

> About the booklet, Pharo style, i think a few things:

Pharo community use LaTeX to write the book. For the Cuis book I
proposed and used the GNU Texinfo format editing. It is far more easier
than LaTeX and you can output to many format.

> 1] they are great, really, super job
> 2] they need a lot of work
> 3] in general, I would not extend beyond HTML/CSS formatting. At least
> not on the first
> release of the material.

Texinfo is far easier than html/css

> 4] I would focus forces on material correctness before thinking of the
> pdf format
> 5] If we see the subject is quite static, ie it does not become
> outdated every year,
> we can make also the pdf version.
> 5.5] Wanting to write a pdf version, a decent way of collaborating
> over a LaTeX document i tried in the
> past is the software Overleaf.

In case we want to edit booklet, we should continue with Texinfo because
I spend a lot of energy to build the Texinfo macro/alias and the build
script.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo