[Cuis-dev] ATTENTION. maybe nasty bug in Time management on Summer/Winter time change

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Thu Nov 25 03:48:44 PST 2021

On 11/24/21 11:04 PM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> Le 24/11/2021 à 16:09, Gerald Klix a écrit :
>> Hi Hilaire,
>>
>> I will be glad to help.
>>
>> The necessary core changes are here:
>> https://hg.sr.ht/~cy-de-fect/HaverOnCuis/browse/environments/coreChanges
>>
>> A simple environments implementation is here:
>> https://hg.sr.ht/~cy-de-fect/HaverOnCuis/browse/environments/SimpleEnvironments.pck.st
>>
>> (It needs the remainder of the of packages in the
>> environments directory)
>>
>> Please, drop me a note, if you wan't to use a full grown
>> Haver image.
>
> This is still random though. Need to know what Ken think about it.
>

>> Are you referring to the hierarchy of button morphs
>> Ken proposed?
>
> No larger than that.
Ah ok, obviously I missed that discussion.

> The idea is to collect in packages additional widgets, a kind of library
> of widgets for Cuis. This will make those package to depend on your
> environment package, or something like that, and your changes to the
> core, as you recall it. Can these later been integrated in a package?
The change set can certainly be converted to two or more packages.
These packages will be hard to maintain, because they overwrite
oodles of system methods, hence I wrote a tool that generates
files like these:
https://hg.sr.ht/~cy-de-fect/HaverOnCuis/browse/environments/coreChanges/CuisCoreEnvironmentSupport.cs.st.chk.st

Additionally this change-set modifies the methods that are used
by the compiler to lookup variable bindings. Of course these very
methods are called during file-in. They need to be filed in a particular
order, which is not guarantied by the existing package saving
code. The saved package code needs either manual edits
or the methods need to be split over several dependend packages,
to provide the ordering.

In a nutshell:
The easiest way is certainly to convince Juan to integrate
the change-set into Cuis' core. It only provides hooks
to implement any sort of environment, but does
not change the behavior of the main image.

Now that I come to think about it: A stripped down
version of my Haverize-package would do the job nicely:
https://hg.sr.ht/~cy-de-fect/HaverOnCuis/browse/haver/Haverize.pck.st
The maintenance effort will certainly remain.

Yep can be done!

HTH,

Gerald