[Cuis-dev] Morph Layer

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Oct 13 20:16:37 PDT 2021

On 10/7/2021 5:01 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> AFIK, there is no layer in Morph. Am I right or do I miss something?
>
> I need this to keep the detached circular toolbar over the other morph
> of the world (more precisely the DrGeo window). Not like modal but
> just on top of other morph.
>
> What I do is to move to the front the toolbar in a step method but it
> is flickering and it also move in the front of the balloon text.
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> GNU Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
> http://blog.drgeo.eu

Hi Hilaire,

Check the attach. It is a first sketch, but it seems to work. All you
need to do is `aMorph wantsToBeOnTop: true`.

Note that when you pick a morph with the hand, you are effectively
removing it from the world, so while it is being taken with the hand it
will appear above the "top" morphs. When you drop it, it will go behind
them.

We could have several layers, if that is needed.

Try it and tell if it works for your needs.