[Cuis-dev] fileout. proposed 2 new methods for strict file chunks reading

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Tue Oct 19 05:44:22 PDT 2021

Hi Nicola!
 I was wondering, why are you suggesting adding them to the base? Is it not
enough to implement them as an extension in your package?
 Also, I think that any new functionality should come with its
corresponding tests to help the maintenance and understanding of the
functionality.

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 7:04 AM Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi Juan, guys,
>
> I would like to add to Cuis the 2 methods i attach here. One is a helper
> method.
>
> -----------
> StandardFileStream strictUpTo: delim.
> -----------
>
> Differently from 'upTo: delim' this method:
> 1. Does not return stuff if it does not find 'delim'.
> 2. Does not upgrade the position on the stream if does not find 'delim'.
> 3. If it finds 'delim' returns a chunk that includes it.
>
> I am parsing log files at the moment, this is very much useful.
>
> NOTE. Up to now I tested only on small files.
>
> bye
> Nicola

<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson