[Cuis-dev] privateDisplayBounds wrong value

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sat Oct 23 05:47:12 PDT 2021

Hi Hilaire,

On 10/23/2021 3:27 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> Yep, here is an image:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/omwcvfsb6ridu8w/drgeoJuan.zip?dl=0
>
> There is a sketch with a value view, inspected, you can observe its
> privateDisplayBounds attribute. May be I should not use this variable?
>
> The top right browser displays its hierarchy. You can explore the
> drawOn: and containsPoint: methods.

This is most helpful. I could jump straight to the problem and
understand in minutes. Thanks a lot!

> As mentioned this was working previously. May be by accident?

Yes. I've been working on all this code all the time recently. I
introduced a bug. It was easy to fix, and I just pushed stuff to GitHub.

BTW, I see that you are using #displayBounds, and not the
privateDisplayBounds variable directly. This is ok, and it is the safe
way to do it, in case related code needs to change.

> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 23/10/2021 à 01:12, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
>> Please, give me full context, so I can browse all the code and play
>> with examples. Impossible to be of help otherwise! I.e. in the base
>> image, no morph answers #containsPoint:...
> --
> GNU Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
> http://blog.drgeo.eu