[Cuis-dev] New tests in ARM 32bit with BeagleBone Black

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:19:27 PDT 2021

Hi Juan,

cutting and re-inlining answer

>> * The latest stable release of the VM is broken:
>> squeak.cog.spur_linux32ARMv6_202003021730.tar.gz
>>   I put the error message at the end.
>
> This is to be reported at the appropriate place for OpenSmalltalk
> people to fix it. We don't develop the OpenSmalltalk VM here.

ok, done

>> * Sometimes moving a Browser window the operation hangs. Moving
>> smaller (with less content) morphs
>>   it goes all fine.
>
> What do you mean by "hangs"?

I click and drag a Browser morph, sometimes it happens that when i
release the mouse button
the Browser window remains border-only and never "wakes up" again.

I noticed that loading "VectorGraphics" (still i have not updated my
system from the starting mail of this thread)
the Browser does not suffer this anymore, or it seems to be less prone
to this effect.

>> https://pasteboard.co/mGF8uP2QQS5y.png
>
> It seems VectorGraphics requires #subPixelRenderFonts and
> #subPixelRenderColorFonts both set to true. Disabling them gives the
> same result on my Mac.

Confirmed ! enabling those variables makes VectorGraphics load.

bye
Nicola