[Cuis-dev] DSL GUI framework

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sat Sep 25 02:09:54 PDT 2021

Le 23/09/2021 à 22:02, Juan Vuletich a écrit :

> When I wrote LightWidgets and that doc, I was thinking on a regular
> widget kit, where you have maybe ten kinds of very generic widgets,
> and compose them in different ways to build UIs.
>
>> Nevertheless, it will be tremendously helpful to rationalize the
>> Morph jungle when it comes to GUI building.
>
> I think the first distinction to make is between general, reusable
> widgets on one hand, and app specific morphs on the other.

I agree with you.

I am a bit in a hesitating/stalled situation: most of the DrGeo core is
functioning, now I need to work on the GUI with dialogs, toolbars,
panels, wizards.  Could write from scratch but there is may be something
more general to do, overall useful for Cuis community. But I am clueless
how you design a GUI framework and it's likely a lot of work.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu