[Cuis-dev] OneLineEditorMoprh -> TextEntryMorph

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Fri Apr 1 11:15:52 PDT 2022

On 4/1/2022 11:19 AM, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 2022-04-01 02:11, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
>> Should we rename it to this more conventional name?
>
> This was in Cuis when I first started using it, so the name was not mine.
>
> Perhaps Juan has an opinion.
>
> If able tp edit more than one line, perhaps SimpleTextEntryMorph, but
> that is a bit long.
>
> IMHO, TextEntryMorph is a good name.

That sounds good.

>> There are so many needs in Cuis widgetery for one that wants to
>> develop an application. It is too much work for most people, only an
>> idiot like me can dedicate his energy for that. Gary Chamber'
>> Smalltalk Polymoprh was a nice implementation to simplify GUI works.
>
> I have never used PolyMorph and have not been a user of Widget
> Frameworks, so bad person to ask.  As you see, I have just been making
> widgets for own simple use without much planning and decide to share.
> Kind of got out of control. ;^)

I have never looked in detail at PolyMorph.

Hilaire, I think it would be good to start by building a list of desired
widgets / controls (what is the correct word for these?). Perhaps you
can start one, maybe using PolyMorph as a guide. This will be a very
useful project. Many (me included) will help write them.

> Also, I am trying to get back to porting Bee DMR, so need to hack a
> Tonel reader for Code Browser, which I think other people could use.

Interesting! Please let us know how that goes. I've attended
presentations, and talked quite a bit with Pocho, but have never
actually used Bee DRM at all.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich