[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] vmStatisticsReportString, positive values & format

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Thu Apr 7 12:30:26 PDT 2022

On 4/5/2022 2:52 AM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Oh shoot, I just assumed the author of these calculations knew the
> meaning of these VM parameters,
> at least better than I do. My bad, one should not "assume".

Well, if the author knew well enough, the values would be correct and
there won't be need to add #abs in an almost random fashion.

That code was for pre-spur images. Or even older. Most likely it used to
work well at some time.

> And yes, I checked the Squeak 5.3 version of a similar method:
> It does things (a bit) differently, but does not really explain why
> it's done that way.
> I attached a file-out of that method for your convenience.
>

> HTH,
>
> Gerald

It looks like Squeak's version is updated, and written by someone who
knows well enough. Thanks DTL!

Converted this method to Cuis ways. Pushed to GitHub.

Thanks,