[Cuis-dev] Sound support?

Sebastian Nozzi sebnozzi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:41:43 PDT 2022

Thanks a lot to both of you for your responses.

I tried as Juan suggested and the corresponding packages were loaded with
no problems.
I am happy with being able to load WAV files, so no MP3 support is fine.

As information for possible future readers:

- I got into the issue that a certain WAV file was being played as white
noise. Turns out Cuis / Squeak only understand 16-bit WAV files. The file
in question was a 24-bit file. Converting it to 16-bit with Audacity solved
the issue (both stereo and mono work fine). See this past discussion for
Squeak: http://forum.world.st/24-bit-sound-how-td5094742.html
- I also noticed sounds are played with "reverb" by default, which I find
annoying. One can turn it on with `SoundPlayer stopReverb`.

Cheers,
Sebastian