[Cuis-dev] Is anyone working on Morphic-free Cuis?

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Thu Apr 21 13:22:33 PDT 2022

Hi Stephen,

stephen--- via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> writes:

> Yeah, I’m still tracking Cuis, and loving the lack of bloat.
>
> My issues with Morphic are that it’s not MVC and it’s not
> well-designed.

> I really want to port my Music framework (Siren =
> https://github.com/stpope/Siren9) off of VisualWorks, but I refuse to
> use Morphic, so I’m looking at the new UI frameworks being built in
> Pharo.  Pharo is way bloated, though, which is why I was hoping
> somebody was porting Sparta/Block/Brick to Cuis...

Well then, when morphic is so poor taste, then maybe it's better that
you rest your development efforts on that well thought out model of MVC
as it can be found in VisualWorks or for that matter Pharo.

The reasons why things are bloated, because people made exactly on that
platforms what you and others are proposing.

My humble opinion,
Philip