[Cuis-dev] Preference Browser

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Tue Apr 26 01:57:52 PDT 2022

Le 25/04/2022 à 19:07, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev a écrit :

> -------------------------------
>
> Props-Preferences package builds on top of 'Props' library, a library
> I implemented for adding properties to objects.
>
> Evaluate: 'PropertiesBrowser openOn: Preferences'.

Installation did not work:

I wrote a simple ValueModel in Cuis-Smalltalk-UI, we should synchronized
because I think I could not follow the protocol with value/value:
(propertyValue/propertyValue:)

In the meantime I wrote a simple Preference browser for the boolean
preferences. It uses the widgets found in Cuis-Smalltalk-UI. The package
is in the tools/ section of the Cuis-Smalltalk-UI repo.

> -------------------------------
>
> Neither is very polished, though.
>
> One problem I have with Cuis preferences is that not every preference
> is declared explicitly with name, proper description and data type.
> And so tools need to infer that information sometimes. I wish that was
> something that changed in Cuis, so we can have better tools for
> editing preferences.

Yes, in the Preference model I did not find way to define data type.
Beside boolean, you may need to define preferences as an index from a
list, free string, closure, number from a slider.

For example Preference>>togglePreferenceValue broke when used with non
boolean preference.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo