[Cuis-dev] Some experimental libraries based on method wrappers

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon Aug 1 16:03:28 PDT 2022

Hi Mariano!
 I played a little bit with the BreakpointsManager tool and I wanted to ask
you if you have seen the BreakpointManager class. This class is integrated
with the browser and you can select the option "toggle break on entry" and
when used it pop ups the debugger in the selected method. Your solution
does not open the debugger en el method you want to set the breakpoint and
that is a little bit confusing (for students and newbies).
 I see you have the option to break on exit, something BreakpointManager
does not provide.
 What is the motivation for BreakpointsManager? What do you think we gain
from using it? (I'm asking you this to see if I put it as an installed
package in CuisUniversity).

 Thanks!
 Hernan.

On Sat, Jul 30, 2022 at 10:31 AM Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hello Juan, Hernán,
>
> I'm attaching a set of packages for you to consider for inclusion into
> Cuis.
> I've improved them and wrote tests for them.
> If there's something you don't like, please let me know and I'll try to
> improve.
>
> If you decide to include, I think Packages/DevTools could be a good home
> for them.
>
> I'm also attaching a FlatFileList tool. It can be helpful to have for
> setups like mine where the normal FileList browser is too slow.
> But that's up to you if you want to include or not.
>
> Thank you!
>
>      Mariano
>
> El 22/6/22 a las 09:20, Juan Vuletich escribió:
> > On 6/17/2022 4:41 PM, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I've been looking at CodeCoverage package by Nicolas Papagna (it is
> >> excellently written btw), to try to understand how it worked, in
> >> particular the method wrapping.
> >>
> >> Once I learned how they are implemented, I got the idea of trying
> >> some experiments with them.
> >>
> >> So I'm implementing three packages: MethodAdvisers,
> >> BreakpointsManager and MessageTracer.

> >> These are all very much in the making, with missing things, tests,
> >> and tools that would be cool to add; but I think they have potential
> >> to be a good set of utilities.
> >>

> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >>      Mariano
> >>

> > Hi Mariano,
> >
> > This is very interesting! I think we'd host a package with such
> > utilities in the main Cuis repo.
> >
> > Thanks,

<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson