[Cuis-dev] [help] genBranchPopFalse: distance out of range

Nicolás Papagna Maldonado nicolas.papagna at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 13:40:19 PST 2022

Hi folks,

Recently, Hernan let me know about a method that was not covered correctly
by my code coverage tool: https://github.com/npapagna/cuis-code-coverage

After closer inspection, I found out that the tool fails to compile the
method with the additional tracing messages that collect the coverage
information for each node.
I don't know much about the internals of the compiler, but my hunch is that
the method might be "too big" to be compiled/fitted in what compile methods
allow.

The error raised is "Error: genBranchPopFalse: distance index 1154 is out
of range 0 to 1023" (screenshot attached).

Does anyone know what could be going on here?
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Nico PM