[Cuis-dev] Using OSProcess package

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Wed Dec 7 11:33:49 PST 2022

On 12/7/2022 7:54 AM, Jan Vraný via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how does one use OSProcess package in Cuis? I have loaded it but it does
> not seem to work - all I get for
>
>      OSProcess command:'ls -al'
>
> is this in console:
>
>      bad env or bad args: Bad file descriptor
>
> In Squeak, it does work.
>
> Besides, how is one supposed to wait for the command to
> finish (provided it starts in the first place)?
>
> Thanks! Jan

Hi Folks,

It seems OSProcess has been affected by the recent switch to UnicodeString.

I think something in the lines of the attach is needed. I don't know
OSProcess in detail, and I wrote this pretty blindly. Command ls still
doesn't work, but it answers 'No such file of directory' that is
presumably better.

Dave, can you take a look?