[Cuis-dev] Errors loading solitaire

Barry Perryman barry.perryman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 09:11:55 PST 2022

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to smalltalk and cuis - I'm still working through the
excellent Cuis book - so this could well be user error and not a real issue
at all.

I've pulled down the latest repo from git and setup a working system. When
I try to load the, "Morphic Games - Solitaire" package using Package
Installer I get an error that looks like it's trying to do a bitXor on a
character. If I use the Cuis university version (5510) I don't get this
error.

I've tried to do a little investigating and I think that this to do with a
change with the compression around assumptions of string being ByteStrings
- although I'm not certain of this and no where near at a point where I can
do much with this, even if it is right.

Is this just me or is this a real issue?

Regards

Barry