[Cuis-dev] Errors loading solitaire

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Dec 18 09:49:05 PST 2022

On 2022-12-18 09:11, Barry Perryman via Cuis-dev wrote:

> I've pulled down the latest repo from git and setup a working system.
> When I try to load the, "Morphic Games - Solitaire" package using
> Package Installer I get an error that looks like it's trying to do a
> bitXor on a character.

Hmmm.. just tried this and it worked for me (arm64 Linux; Cuis rev
5597).

There have been and continue to be changes in Cuis as we hope to
improve.

I presume you have invoked Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/clonePackageRepos.sh
   and recently invoked pullAllRepos.sh

In the current image, you should
    World Menu > Changes > Install New Updates

[And perhaps save the image as Dev.image or some such.]

In this environment, the package loader should basically "just work" and
we are very pleased to view any reports of breakage so we can fix
things.

If there is still a problem, can you start afresh, open the Transcript,
Command-Click to get its menu and "Start Logging To File".  This should
allow you to capture more information for us to investigate.

And thanks much for helping!!
-KenD