[Cuis-dev] Proposals for Community meeting!

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Wed Feb 2 10:47:02 PST 2022

On 1/31/2022 6:23 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I will be happy to participate, i hope timing do not clash too often
> with our company meetings,
> in which case i would not be able to attend. Excuse me right for the
> times this may happen.
>
> So, I few things i can talk you about is:
>
> . I am developing a touch screen GUI in Cuis for a product we will
> ship in March.
>   Cuis runs in a BeagleBone black. If i don't find bad surprises I
> will ship it in Cuis.
>   I can show you that in the near term.
>   I don't have a real reason to make this in Cuis if not that it is an
> easy project and forces me
>   to learn Morphic once and for all. But i can tell you, the way Cuis
> jump from
>   the high dpi retinas display to a 800x500 (50euro) touch screen is
> really amazing.
>   I have seen thousand dollars Linux software fall miserably on this.

Nice to know! It would be very nice to see you demo this work.

>   The only problem i have here, up to now, is that if I load
> VectorGraphics it all becomes super slow, so
>   i am most probably forced to do without it. The deadline is near.

If you do `MorphicCanvas activeSubclass: HybridCanvas.` the unzoomed
windows will become faster, because they'll use BitBlt. If instead you
do `MorphicCanvas activeSubclass: BitBltCanvas.` then vector graphics
and zooming are disabled, and you go back to BitBlt for everything, but
you have TrueType.

Also, make sure that `VectorEngineWithPlugin isPluginAvailable` answers
true.

Still, it may be too slow on a BeagleBone. I wrote it thinking on
relatively modern PCs.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich