[Cuis-dev] Proposals for Community meeting!

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Wed Feb 2 11:32:01 PST 2022

Hi Folks,

(below)
On 1/31/2022 3:13 PM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is enough interest for recurring meetings, in a 30 min format 😎
>
> We could start with a "What's new?" meeting where Juan will present
> what is new in Cuis. We could have several such meeting per year.
>
> But before we may want to write down a list of meeting, to publish on
> Cuis web site ahead and other places.
>
> If you have written or ported a package to Cuis, it could be a very
> interesting meeting topic, to discover new domain.
>
> If you teach Cuis, we will be interested to know about your experience
> and share through Q&A.
>
> If you are developing an application, yeah it will be interesting to
> know about your experience.
>
> If you want to share some experience with Cuis on a given topic, then
> teach us, cool.
>
> If you are developing or want to run a business based on Cuis, many
> will be interested.
>
> The subjects to cover are vast, only limited by our desire to share.
>
> It will be nice to write down a list covering one year, about 10-12
> meetings.
>
> So please make proposals, several!
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire

Took a look at the preliminary list at
http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/community

I think the 'What's new?' should a a bit less, not more than 3 or 4 per
year.

Also, I don't think I'd host them. I have little involvement on most of
the interesting things that are going on in and around Cuis, I want to
listen more and talk less in them. Maybe a week before each `What's
new?` meeting we could allocate divide the 30 minutes in several short
slots for anybody willing to tell about what's new from them, i.e.
anything they think it is worth telling and has happened after the
previous 'what's new?'.

WRT to the planned talks, I suggest adding one from you, Hilaire about
DrGeo. Repeating stuff published elsewhere is ok. These talks are about
raising awareness in the community about the stuff we are already doing.
I'd also like to tell more about some things I did with Cuis that I
haven't shown much in recent times. So, this is my proposal, adding and
reordering as It pleases me today. Just an opinion! In any case,
Hilaire, as you are who suggested this in the first place, the ordering
of the list is your call. Anyway:

- What's new. The community. To be done perhaps 3 times a year, i.e.
repeating after 3 regular meetings.

- Hernán Wilkinson - LiveTyping. Introduction to the concept.
Possibilities. Demo.

- Gerald Klix - Haver part I. A Cuis based Smalltalk With Modules.

- Ken Dickey - Bézier curves. Manipulate Bézier curves with Morph
through end-point and control-point handles to the HaloMorph.

- Hilaire Fernandes - DrGeo. Short introduction to the objective and
concepts. Demo.

- Gerald Klix - Haver part II. A Cuis based Smalltalk With Modules.

- Hernán Wilkinson - Teaching Cuis. How we teach OO using Smalltalk
(DenotativeObjects, etc).

- Nicola Mingotti - Cuis on BeagleBone. Commercial Cuis application
running on a touch screen GUI in a BeagleBone.

- Juan Vuletich - Image processing.

- Hernán Wilkinson - Demo and mini tutorial on Automatic Refactoring.

- Nicola Mingotti - Web application on Cuis.

- Hernán Wilkinson - Refactoring with Cuis. A demo of all the
refactoring tools we have right now and the ones we are working on.

- Dave Lewis - How to write a simple VM plugin in Cuis.

- Juan Vuletich - Cartography, panet wide datasets and satellite image
rectification.

- Hernán Wilkinson - The Spotlight. Very useful tool written by Nicolás
Papagna Maldonado.

- Juan Vuletich - Sound and music in Cuis.

- Hernán Wilkinson - Extract Method Object refactoring.

- Hernán Wilkinson - TDD Guru. A tool to see how well you are doing TDD.

- Hernán Wilkinson - Code Coverage tool. Nico Papagna.

There are many other projects, of course. Authors, please sign up for a
slot!

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich