[Cuis-dev] Proposals for Community meeting!

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 06:14:37 PST 2022

On 2/2/22 20:32, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> (below)
> On 1/31/2022 3:13 PM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is enough interest for recurring meetings, in a 30 min format 😎
>>
>> We could start with a "What's new?" meeting where Juan will present
>> what is new in Cuis. We could have several such meeting per year.
>>
>> But before we may want to write down a list of meeting, to publish on
>> Cuis web site ahead and other places.
>>
>> If you have written or ported a package to Cuis, it could be a very
>> interesting meeting topic, to discover new domain.
>>
>> If you teach Cuis, we will be interested to know about your
>> experience and share through Q&A.
>>
>> If you are developing an application, yeah it will be interesting to
>> know about your experience.
>>
>> If you want to share some experience with Cuis on a given topic, then
>> teach us, cool.
>>
>> If you are developing or want to run a business based on Cuis, many
>> will be interested.
>>
>> The subjects to cover are vast, only limited by our desire to share.
>>
>> It will be nice to write down a list covering one year, about 10-12
>> meetings.
>>
>> So please make proposals, several!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Hilaire
>>

> Took a look at the preliminary list at
> http://www.cuis-smalltalk.org/community
>
> I think the 'What's new?' should a a bit less, not more than 3 or 4
> per year.
>
> Also, I don't think I'd host them. I have little involvement on most
> of the interesting things that are going on in and around Cuis, I want
> to listen more and talk less in them. Maybe a week before each `What's
> new?` meeting we could allocate divide the 30 minutes in several short
> slots for anybody willing to tell about what's new from them, i.e.
> anything they think it is worth telling and has happened after the
> previous 'what's new?'.
>
> WRT to the planned talks, I suggest adding one from you, Hilaire about
> DrGeo. Repeating stuff published elsewhere is ok. These talks are
> about raising awareness in the community about the stuff we are
> already doing. I'd also like to tell more about some things I did with
> Cuis that I haven't shown much in recent times. So, this is my
> proposal, adding and reordering as It pleases me today. Just an
> opinion! In any case, Hilaire, as you are who suggested this in the
> first place, the ordering of the list is your call. Anyway:
>
> - What's new. The community. To be done perhaps 3 times a year, i.e.
> repeating after 3 regular meetings.
>
> - Hernán Wilkinson - LiveTyping. Introduction to the concept.
> Possibilities. Demo.
>
> - Gerald Klix - Haver part I. A Cuis based Smalltalk With Modules.
>
> - Ken Dickey - Bézier curves. Manipulate Bézier curves with Morph
> through end-point and control-point handles to the HaloMorph.

> [...]

Hi guys, it is a great list !!!!!

I couldn't answer to Hilaire when he asked me about the title, sorry, i
am really busy.

Maybe I would change : "Commercial Cuis application running on a touch
screen GUI in a BeagleBone. "

with : "Developing a Cuis application in an embedded device with a
little touchscreen, traps & pitfalls"

bye
Nicola