[Cuis-dev] The Cuis Book for Cuis 6

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu Feb 17 03:43:26 PST 2022

Le 16/02/2022 à 20:02, Tommy Pettersson via Cuis-dev a écrit :
> You're right. If the game was everything everyone wanted
> there wouldn't be an itch for anyone to change it. The "What
> if ..." feeling is important. It's what got me going anyway.

To challenge the readers, we can add a final chapter to the book with a
list of detailed challenges and possible screenshots of solution.

Description could be like the ones you posted earlier with rotation
forces and momentum.

Will you be interested to co-work in such a chapter?

>>> There's an excellent bookhttps://natureofcode.com/book/
>>> that explains the artistry behind making games feel natural,
>>> by being inspired rather than slavishly following the laws
>>> of physics.
>> Nice reference, thanks! Have you read the book in its entirety ?
> Yes, I have read all of it, but I have only used one of the
> many techniques: the Perlin Noise, in Forth of all
> languages. It's on my idea list to combine the visually
> aiding comic book effects of the Self GUI with the organic
> feeling tutored in this book, and Cuis seems just the right
> tool to do it. I'm a guy who usually turn off visual
> guidance because I find it distracting. So the idea is
> mostly an excuse for playing with the examples in the book,
> and find out if visual guidance can be made more natural and
> less disruptive. If I ever get the time...

You have to tell me a bit more about your ideas. This is a topic I am
interested because I use DrGeo to introduce programming to junior high
school pupils, and it may be interesting ideas to fuel dynabook thoughts

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu