[Cuis-dev] Possible bug on adding 5071 change?

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Tue Feb 22 12:30:32 PST 2022

On 2/22/2022 12:52 PM, Douglas Brebner via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to update with an "ChangeSet installNewUpdates" doIt in a
> Workspace and got an error: "Class reshaping: InnerTextMorph has some
> instance running #processKeystrokeEvent:. This CompiledMethod would
> become invalid. Class reshaping aborted."
>
> I'm pretty sure this is due to running the update from a Workspace but
> it surprised me. I don't think it's worth any changes but I'm
> mentioning it here in case anyone else hits it.
>
> It works fine when I use the menu to install updates though.
>
> (I have a Workspace with a bunch of one-liners for convenience which
> is how I noticed this.)

I see. Only tried from the menu. Thanks for reporting.

Still I agree that it is not worth changing it. Class reshapes that
can't be done from the menu (for example of basic Morphs) are way more
complicated to make them work.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich