[Cuis-dev] Renaming several fundamental Morph classes

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Mon Jan 3 06:08:27 PST 2022

Hi Folks,

Just as a closure on this thread, this is now part of Cuis 6.0.

Feel free to suggest changes or continue the discussion, renames are
easy to do.

Cheers,

On 12/30/2021 7:36 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Please try the attach. To load it, unzip into your (updated)
> /CoreUpdates folder, and install updates TWICE. Warning: your desktop
> will be deleted and recreated.
>
> This is not yet at the repo, so we can still discuss names. For
> instance, I'm not sure about MovableMorph / MobileMorph /
> LocatedMorph. OTOH, BoxedMorph seems to have enough consensus.
>
> Thanks,
>
> On 12/29/2021 6:51 AM, Bernhard Pieber via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I like where this is going. I am still unsure about
>> BorderedBoxedMorph. I tend to agree with Hilaire that it could be
>> merged with BoxedMorph.
>>
>> PasteUpMorph should be able to have a border, though. It must have
>> had one once – it still has #defaultBorderColor, #defaultBorderWidth
>> and #defaultColor. (In Squeak it still is a subclass of BorderedMorph.)
>>
>> Some of the aspects of morphs – having a border, having a layoutSpec
>> etc. – would probably best be handled by composition instead of
>> inheritance in the longer term. It might also make a great use case
>> for traits.
>>
>> I enjoy the discussion. I think it would also be a good topic for a
>> video conference.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Bernhard
>>
>>> Am 27.12.2021 um 19:52 schrieb Juan Vuletich via
>>> Cuis-dev<cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st>:

>>> After last batch of comments, maybe current consensus may be:
>>>
>>> Morph
>>> PlacedMorph (location) [today’s MovableMorph]
>>> BoxedMorph (extent, color) [to replace KernelMorph and part of
>>> WidgetMorph]
>>> BorderedBoxedMorph (borderWidth, borderColor) [rest of today’s
>>> WidgetMorph]
>>> PasteUpMorph [no change]
>>> WorlddMorph [no change]

>>> https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev