[Cuis-dev] [Cuis 6] Startup script

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Mon Jan 3 06:40:30 PST 2022

On 1/3/2022 11:29 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> It helps. However, it still does not work. I observed that even the
> startup script below doesn't work:
>
> | list |
> "System configurations"
> "Delete all windows but the taskbar"
> list := UISupervisor ui submorphs reject: [:aMorph | aMorph is:
> #TaskbarMorph].
> list do: [:each | each delete].
>
> Hilaire
>

> Le 03/01/2022 à 15:03, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
>> It looks like assuming the Taskbar will be the first submorph of the
>> world is not reliable. Something like `morph := UISupervisor ui
>> taskbar.` should work.
> --
> GNU Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
> http://blog.drgeo.eu

I'm not sure how you are running this, but I see two different ways to
query for the world: `UISupervisor ui` and `self runningWorld`. At the
early phase of start up these could fail, and maybe `WorldMorph
allInstancesDo: [ :w | w doStuff ]` is safer.

In any case, I didn't change any of this for Cuis 6. But maybe some
changes in the recent morph hierarchy reorganization is the reason.

Hope this helps.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich