[Cuis-dev] [BUG] "DoIt' does not work in the Debugger

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon Jan 3 12:15:28 PST 2022

This error exists since variables are automatically defined in the
Workspace.
The problem is that those variables are not defined as temporary variables
but as global variables in the workspace, although the DoIt bytecode treats
them as temporary variables and that is the reason it does not find them.

The solution would be for the workspace to define the variable as local,
not global, but to do that major changes in the parser and workspace should
be done and variables in the workspace could not be inspected after
execution because they would be local and not global... It is a very
difficult and time consuming change for a rare situation like this one.
Another solution would be for the parser to realize they are not local vars
but global vars and create the corresponding bytecode... another really
time consuming task, not easy at all...

I think that it does not make sense to invest time on this error by now
(I've already invested 2.5 hours trying different solutions...)

Cheers!
Hernan.