[Cuis-dev] Book of Changes

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Jan 17 07:21:14 PST 2022

On 2022-01-16 21:44, Casey Ransberger via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Do you simulate the yarrow stalk method or just generate a random
> number between 1 and 64?

#HexaGram class>>cast emulates a toss of three coins.

Each line is a Rudiment object.

Definitely bottom up!  ;^)

> I grew up with this book, in four different translations.

Likewise.  I learned enough ancient Chinese to do my own, very rough
translation.

I think someone said that the I Ching was a lake shallow enough for
children to play in but deep enough to swallow giants.  It certainly
swallowed me.  :)

I find usage leads me through angst->thoughtfulness->action.  A great
change indeed!

BTW, the fundamental rethinking of Nigel Richmond is quite interesting.
You can get PDFs of his books at:
   https://www.biroco.com/yijing/richmond.htm

If you pull the latest, you can get a Cuis casting via
   World Menu -> New morph.. -> .. -> HexagramDisplayPanel.

Good on ya,
-KenD