[Cuis-dev] Alan Kay’s paper for MacArthur Foundation

Kim Rose kim.rose at vpri.org
Mon Jan 17 00:35:45 PST 2022

Hello, everyone…..long time.

Such a large & kind compliment, Casey.  Thank you!!! I must say it’s not *all* about budget….of course good funding helps, but keeping a group focussed and moving in a common direction is important, too.  Too many “perfectionists” can also delay projects and one or more people wanting to do it “their way” can also cause bottlenecks.  It’s really tough…..Alan used to call what I did “herding butterflies”.  😉

I’m sorry to hear about your current health situation, Casey,  both physical and mental ….wishing you speedy recoveries on all fronts.

Best wishes to those of you reading this that know me…..it’s been a long time.

Wishing you all a HEALTHY and HAPPY 2022……and good luck with your projects!
cheers,
Kim