[Cuis-dev] Improved version of #terminate

Jaromir Matas mail at jaromir.net
Tue Jan 18 11:07:37 PST 2022

Hi Juan, all,

I'm enclosing a new version of #terminate; I thought you might be interested to take a look and indeed, I'd be very much interested in your opinion. The termination functionality and semantics remains intact but the code is simplified and addresses Eliot's concerns regarding active process termination being done via another process. The enclosed code executes both active and suspended process’s termination directly by the process being terminated thus maintaining the invariant that the unwind blocks are executed by the same process that created them (this is the only real disadvantage of the current terminate; it’s not process faithful). The technique used is to create a parallel stack for the process being terminated and run the unwinds conveniently from there :) (thorough comments included).

I'm also enclosing some updated tests to reflect the new approach to the active process termination. If you were interested, I'd be happy to also provide updated examples and add some more tests later.

Best regards,

Jaromir