[Cuis-dev] The Cuis Book for Cuis 6

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:20:36 PST 2022

Hi Hilaire,

i think the Layout booklet can be a good thing.

I don't know how much time i can put into its making unfortunately.

I have 1 suggestion to give. Don't start with one example
on page 1 and grow it piece by piece up to page 100.
Like so, the booklet can be used as a tutorial but looses all effectiveness
as a reference.

As an example, I think the best document on GUI i found for its balance
between a tutorial and a reference is the New Mexico guide to Tk.
https://www.rose-hulman.edu/class/cs/csse120/Resources/Graphics/tkinterReference-NewMexicoTech.pdf
Recently I use PyQt if I need Python and graphics, but I remember I used
this booklet several times in the past.

I general i think on the long run a book about Morphic in Cuis should be
the final target. With a list of established Morphs, a preview, their
function
description and a very simple use example. Not for now, since this is
time of changes
in the Morphs family ;)

bye
Nicola